Tuesday, March 6, 2012

     When reading this section of the book I began to think of how such people could endure such punishments for things they had not done wrong. For example Idek chill the hell out man god you have a problem.  "He threw himself on me like a wild beast, beating me in the chest, on my head, throwing me to the ground and picking me up again, crushing me with ever more violent blows, until I was covered in blood." (53). Okay Idek you have issues. There was also an incident when Wiesel has a golden crown, and he doesn't want to give up the crown along with his fathers guidance. The Franek, to get what he wants kicks the crap out of Wiesel's father until he says yes. But on top of that Elie has to pay one of his bread crusts for Franek to pay the doctor to get the crown out? What kind of sick man is he? Also when the dentist comes, "That evening, in the latrines, the dentist from Warsaw pulled my crown with the help of a rusty spoon." (56). That is one of the nastiest things I have ever heard in my life.  The pain endured when having that operation with the right tools is more than enough, but when bringing in a rusty spoon to do the job? Come on that's crazy.
     Upon the death's of a few men at the camp, and also the terrible things he has seen, to me I think that Wiesel is beginning to get used to the way of life in the camp. He does not get as shocked as he once had been, and is this a good thing? Has he lost all of his personal feelings or his personality? "A-7713?, after your meal you will go to the dentist." (51). A-7713? Who the hell is A-7713? Now when in the camps you lose all of your traits that make yourself you. So now is everyone in the camp basically the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment